- Discuss the purpose of understanding cognitive training and how it relates to fitness professionals
- Discuss how the brain is wired to learn by interacting with a three dimensional world
- Discuss how people have evolved to a dramatic decrease in physical activity, especially as it applies to the learning environment
Level 1 Course Outline
The course will provide information regarding the background and evolution of CT Maxx expanding on the brains anatomy and neurotransmitters and how they relate to fitness. This will all be wrapped around the practical applications for fitness professionals as well as for CT Maxx.
Upon successful completion you will;
- Know the background and evolution of CT Maxx.
- Have an understanding of the brains anatomy as well as neurotransmitters.
- Know how this directly applies to daily life and wellness.
The outcome of your understanding will be verified through an exam proving your knowledge.
Course Outline by Section:
- Discuss the Caveman Theory
- Discuss how our ancestors had to move to learn and move to survive
- Discuss how learning is a survival method used to adapt to changing environments
- Discuss the research that shows presence or absence of physical activity is a prime indicator of healthy aging
- Show how a lifetime of exercise increases cognitive ability
- Discuss how mental ability can increase as quick as four months of initiating an exercise program
- Discuss how cardiovascular exercise combined with resistance training appears to provide the best results
- Discuss how exercise has been shown to benefit brain disorders such as dementia by up to 60%, strokes by 57%, as well as depression, Alzheimer’s, and anxiety
- Show how the cognitive benefits of exercise are for all ages
- Discuss the role of Brain Derived Neurotropic Factor (BDNF)
- Discuss the concepts of neurogenesis
- Discuss the concepts and application of neuroplasticity
- Discuss how the brain is not hard wired, its soft wired
- Discuss glutamate and its role in the brain and how it is effected by exercise
- Discuss gamma and its role in the brain and how it is effected by exercise
- Discuss serotonin and its role in the brain and how it is effected by exercise
- Discuss norepinephrine and its role in the brain and how it is effected by exercise
- Discuss dopamine and its role in the brain and how it is effected by exercise
- Discuss the critical period of brain development in childhood
- Discuss adult brain mapping
- Practical application of results Naperville High School testing results (SPARK)
- Exercises effects on depression
- Discuss how adults need intense focus through our life span
- Multi - Tasking (Big 3)
- Direct recall
- Spatial awareness
- Problem solving